Reopening our School - Covid-19 Policies and Plans
Dear Parents and Guardians.
Please regularly review the below documentation. Policies are amended/updated on a regular basis in line with the latest COVID 19 Health Advice.
Please see the Health Protection Surveillance Centre website for further information and guidelines for educational settings. https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/guidance/educationguidance/
Know the symptoms of COVID-19. Please click the following link to check the latest symptoms of COVID. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/symptoms/overview/
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus), self-isolate (stay in your room) and get a COVID-19 test.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- a fever (high temperature - 38 degrees Celsius or above) -without another medical reason (such as chickenpox or a urine infection) including having chills
- a new cough - this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties or worsening of an existing breathing problem
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal (if your child is able to say this)
- runny or blocked nose
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- aches and pains or tiredness/fatigue
- skin rash
- sore throat
- chills or dizziness
- other minor breathing or chest problems in a child who has been in contact with an ill person, is part of an outbreak or is a contact of someone who has COVID-19
You may not have all of these symptoms or your symptoms may be mild.
Symptoms may vary for different age groups or variants of the virus.
It can take up to 14 days for symptoms to show.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can be similar to symptoms of cold, flu or hay fever.
If you are in doubt about any symptoms you have, phone your GP.